Wolves Martial Arts is led by Master Instructor, Andrew Johnston
Wolves Martial Arts Owner and Master Instructor
The club’s owner and Master Instructor, Andrew Johnston has trained, competed and coached in the martial arts for over 30 years nationally and internationally.
Master Andrew Johnston is a 7th Dan Master internationally recognised Taekwondo examiner. He is also a 5th Dan Master in Haidong Gumdo and is currently the President of NSW Haidong Gumdo.
Master Andrew has been teaching families of the Blue Mountains the martial arts of Taekwondo since 1993, and Haidong Gumdo since 2008. Over this period of time, he has taught students valuable life skills that they can use in everyday life from learning the martial arts of Taekwondo and Haidong Gumdo. In 2001, Wolves Martial Arts expanded from its base in the Blue Mountains to form Wolves Branch Clubs to the inner and outer suburbs of Sydney.
Master Andrew also personally leads, trains and guides all the club’s Instructors. These Instructors are highly motivated with his wealth of martial arts experience and dedication.
Dragonfly Spiritual Black Belt
In addition to Master Andrew’s martial arts skills, he is also the author of The Dragonfly Spiritual Black Belt Program, which is an early intervention tool designed to enhance resilience skills, promote a more positive outlook, and emphasise one’s strengths and capabilities. The Dragonfly Program utilises martial art techniques, in combination with a strength based solution-focused framework, to inspire a positive outlook when facing life challenges.
Singer. Musician. Songwriter.
Andrew “Drew” Johnston is also a singer, musician and songwriter in his “spare time”. His album “Dragonfly” was inspired by his relationship with Joel, a terminally ill child. Drew’s relationship with Joel, and the journey they took together along the path of terminal illness, led to the DragonFly album’s title track and set of songs. The success of the album allowed Drew to develop the Dragonfly Spiritual Black Belt Program and an accompanying book.
• Owner and Master Instructor of Wolves Martial Arts.
• 7th Dan Master in WTF Taekwondo (Kukkiwon certified).
• 5th Dan Master in Haidong Gumdo (World Haidong Gumdo Federation certified).
• Established Wolves Martial Arts in 1993 (previously Wolves Taekwondo).
• In 2001 expanded to form Wolves Branch Clubs.
• Current clientele base of over 800 students.
• Coaching experience at Regional, State, National and International level sporting competitions.
• Competed at Regional, State, National and International Level Martial Art competitions.
• Participated in International training camps and educational programs such the Kukkiwon Black Belt program, Yongin University ‘Gi’ development program and trained at the Hokken academy.
• Planning and delivering motivational ‘Warrior’ programs on behalf of Team Building Australia to corporate companies such as Vodafone, Commonwealth Bank, Caltex and Energy Australia.
• Author of the Dragonfly Spiritual Black Belt Program.
• Andrew “Drew” Johnston – the Singer, Musician and Songwriter.
• Taekwondo Australia – Master Instructor
• Haidong Gumdo Australia – Current NSW President
• Australian Sport Commission
• World Haidong Gumdo Association
• World Taekwondo Association
• Team Building Australia