By Master Instructor Andrew Johnston
Welcome back to all students, parents and carers to another exciting term of Taekwondo and Haidong Gumdo.
I hope you all had the chance to get out into the fresh air and enjoy break with your family and friends. During Term 2, I will be encouraging all family members to trial a Taekwondo or Haidong Gumdo class.
So let’s kick into Term 2, 2018!
Wolves Haidong Gumdo
Calling all friends and families!
Are you looking for a fun activity the whole family can enjoy, and doesn’t take up your quality family time every weekend? Why not try out two FREE Haidong Gumdo classes (or Taekwondo classes). No martial arts experience needed, all beginners are most welcome. If you are Interested in joining, please contact Master Andrew.
- Tuesdays:7.30 to 8.30pm at Blaxland East Public School
- Wednesdays:6.30 to 7.30pm at Springwood Public School
- Fridays:6.45pm to 7.45pm at Hazelbrook Public School
So come along and have some fun!
Up and Coming Dates & Events
- Wolves Instructors and Team Leaders Meeting:
- Sunday 20 May at Blaxland East Public School
- Leadership Team: 4.30pm–5.30pm. Instructors: 5.30pm–6.30pm.
- Wolves Haidong Gumdo Grading and Seminar:
- Saturday 30 June, 10.30am at Winmalee High School
- Wolves Taekwondo Grading:
Sunday 1 July, 8.30am at Winmalee High School
- End of Term 2: Friday 6 July
- Start of Term 3: Monday 23 July
Wolves “Believe In Yourself” Achievement Wristband
This is a fun program where students are given the opportunity to see themselves as capable, strong and kind people. Please see Master Andrew for more details.
This program will help to:
- Believe in yourself
- Learn the value of commitment
- Learn to ignore negative self-talk
- To be kind to yourself
Instructors and Team Leaders Meeting
- When: Sunday 20 May, 2018
– Leadership Team: 4.30pm–5.30pm
– Instructors Team: 5.30pm–6.30pm
- Venue: Blaxland East Public School
- What to bring: Loose training clothes, joggers, all pads and training equipment (uniforms are not required)
How often should I train?
I often get asked when should a student start training two classes per week?
As you all know, I am not pushy in regards to selling merchandise or upselling students current training programs. However, as the club's Master instructor who has helped thousands of students, I believe all Taekwondo and Haidong Gumdo students who reach the grade of blue belts, should start training two classes per week to help them keep up with the grading criteria. And when the student can commit to more class training, their overall confidence and self-esteem will continue to grow
Wolves Martial Arts Year
Wolves Martial Arts offers classes 43 weeks of the year. Our year is divided into four terms. The term fee for one class per week (43 classes) is $150 per student. Haidong Gumdo students pay by the term and Taekwondo students can either pay by the term or by the month. For Taekwondo students, the term fee of $150 is then broken down to a per month fee of $50.
This method of charging a monthly fee instead of a term fee every three months, was introduced to reduce large sums of money being debited from the students account every three months (term duration).
Therefore, for the newer students this will answer the question of do we still pay during school holidays.
All cancellations must be in writing and sent via email email@example.com or via post to Wolves Martial Arts, PO Box 7323, Leura NSW 2780.
Please note: No phone cancellations will be accepted.